- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Capital University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Nici is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and co-chair of the firm’s finance practice. Her practice focuses on commercial and structured finance matters, representing national and regional banks and public company and other large corporate borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions including syndicated and multi-currency credit facilities, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, mezzanine financings, mortgage warehousing facilities, and securitizations.
In addition, Nici regularly represents financial institutions and corporate end-users, including public companies, energy companies, manufacturing companies and retailers, in connection with derivative transactions under the ISDA Master Agreement and its related suite of documents, including drafting and negotiating related Schedules and Credit Support Annexes, and related regulatory matters under Title VII of Dodd-Frank, including the negotiation of Futures and Options Agreements and Cleared Derivatives Transactions Addenda with FCMs in connection with mandatory derivatives clearing under Dodd-Frank.
Nici has also represented numerous retail clients of the firm in connection with commercial transactions and related agreements, including credit facilities, derivatives transactions, synthetic lease transactions, distribution agreements, equipment leases and other general commercial matters.
Nici has been recognized multiple times on the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for banking and finance law.
In addition to her legal practice, Nici is the chair of the Vorys Women's Network and an active member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Career highlights include:
- Advising Greif, Inc. in its $2.475 billion credit facility and $500 million Notes offering in connection with the financing of Greif’s acquisition of Caraustar Industries Inc., a Georgia-based box manufacturer, for a purchase price of $1.8 billion
- Advising Air Transport Services Group in its $1.28 billion credit facility in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Omni Air International, a Tulsa-based services carrier, for a purchase price of $845 million
- Advising a public company retailer in the expansion of its $400 million credit facility in connection with its acquisition of a product design and brand development company, for a purchase price of approximately $340 million
- Advising an energy development company in connection with its $70 million project finance facility, including a complex collateral agency and intercreditor agreement structure, and all of its derivatives documentation and trading activities for multiple project companies
- Representing a variety of national and regional banks in connection with dozens of complex syndicated and multicurrency facilities, PE sponsor-back acquisition facilities, and asset-based credit facilities
- Regularly representing a regional bank swap dealer in connection with its derivatives activities, including managing an outside documentation negotiation process, regularly negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and other related documents, providing regular regulatory advice in respect of a variety of matters under Dodd-Frank, and conducting due diligence and providing regulatory advice in connection with its acquisitions of other banks
- Continuously monitoring developments under, and regularly providing advice to financial institutions and corporate end-user clients in connection with, Title VII of Dodd-Frank relating to derivatives trading activities, including reporting and recordkeeping, ISDA Protocols, clearing issues, business conduct standards and, most recently, regulatory variation and initial margin and related collateral segregation issues
Nici received her J.D. cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board, and her B.A. in Economics summa cum laude from Capital University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ruling Our eXperiences (ROX) Board of Directors, Member 2018-present
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2018
- Smart Columbus Acceleration Partners, Board Member, 2017-present
- Capital University Alumni Advisory Board, Member, 2014-present; President-elect, 2017-present
- President, Capital University Varsity C Association, 2016-Present
- Member, International Energy Credit Association, 2016-Present
- Mentor, Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, Committee on Professionalism of the Supreme Court of Ohio, 2013-present
- Community Capital Development Corporation, Former Member of the Board of Directors, 2012-2014
Honors & Awards
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40, May 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Banking, 2014, 2017-2018
- Winter 2016Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency (collectively, the Agencies), issued much-anticipated joint final rules (the Final Rules) that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants (Swap Entities) for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator (Swap Entities regulated by one or more of the Agencies are referred to as Covered Swap Entities).
- 11/17/2015Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency, issued much-anticipated joint final rules that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator.