- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Southern Methodist University, MBA, 1985
- Miami University, B.A., 1981
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas (inactive)
John is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and the leader of the finance practice group. He represents borrowers and lenders in all types of commercial finance transactions ranging from syndicated secured credit facilities to public notes offerings to securitization facilities to receivables purchase transactions. He has experience negotiating and documenting all aspects of commercial finance transactions.
Career highlights include:
- Representing public and private companies in commercial finance transactions which in the aggregate exceed several billion dollars
- Representing banks and financial institutions in all types of commercial finance transactions, including structured finance, asset-based lending, real estate finance, and workouts and restructurings.
John is a member of the American Bar Association.
John is a frequent speaker on topics of interest to lenders and borrowers, including lender liability and various aspects of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
John received his J.D. from Southern Methodist University School of Law, his MBA from Southern Methodist University and his B.A. from Miami University.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Equipment Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2015, 2017-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Finance Law, 2017-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 1999-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Equipment Finance Law, 2007-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, 2016-2019
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Financial Institutions and Transactions Law, 2005-2006
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Banking, 2005-2006
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.