- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1989, with Honors
- The Ohio State University, B.S.B.A., 1986, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Kristin is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and chair of the environmental group. Her practice is results-oriented and focuses on environmental compliance and counseling, enforcement defense and order negotiation, environmental audits, permitting issues and Brownfield redevelopment. She counsels clients with their due diligence in business and commercial real estate transactions and assists with contracting provisions related to each. Kristin has worked extensively in the areas of solid and hazardous wastes, petroleum underground storage tanks, NPDES permits, wetlands and environmental investigation/remediation.
She practices before both administrative bodies and the courts.
Career highlights include:
- Arguing successfully before the 10th District Court of Appeals
- Regularly appearing before the Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Release Compensation Board where she has been successful in arguing issues relating to insurance coverage
- Settling a multi-million dollar enforcement case for a large service station client
- Acting as “special counsel” for a collegiate university client related to Ohio EPA negotiations and purchase/sale of Brownfields sites
Kristin is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association and The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law National Council.
Kristin has spoken on many topics, including multimedia audits, environmental audit privileges, environmental issues related to real estate transactions, storm water regulations, underground storage tanks and environmental issues related to Ohio shale fracing.
Kristin received her J.D. with honors from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and her B.S.B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Board Chair, 2017-2019; Board of Directors, 2014-2019
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law National Council, 2000-present
- Radio Color Commentator for The Ohio State University Women's Basketball Team since 1987
- Alpha Phi Rho Corporation, Housing Board (at The Ohio State University), 2006-present
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee, Chair, 2010-2013; Vice-Chair, 2008-2010; Secretary, 2007-2009
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee, Annual Seminar, Co-Chair, 2006
- Ohio Oil & Gas Association, Board of Trustees, 2015-present
- Opera Columbus, Trustee, 2004-2010
- The Ohio State University Varsity O Women’s Alumnae Society, President, 1992-1994; Board Member, 1992-2002
- Columbus Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee, Chair, 2000-2001
- The Ohio State University Athletic Council, Alumni Representative, 1995-1999
- The Ohio State University Alumni Advisory Council, 1997-1999
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Environmental Law, 2008-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Environmental, 2013-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year, 2013, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Environmental, 2004-2007, 2009, 2012-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women Columbus Area Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Natural Resources and Environment, 2007-2019
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2018
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation since 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1998
- Columbus Business First, Forty under 40, 1994
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.
- Contributor - Energy & Environmental Law Blog