- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1991
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S, 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Victor is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice focuses on business counseling and commercial litigation. He has significant experience defending government contractors and health care entities in proceedings brought under the False Claims Act by the government or whistleblowers. Victor's work includes complex litigation, including defense of financial institutions and corporations in commercial disputes including multiple class action defense in accounting, consumer, employment and commercial class actions. He has considerable experience in health care, pharmaceutical, lender liability, probate, estate and fiduciary, and construction litigation and represents a broad array of clients in civil, criminal and regulatory government investigations as well as conducting corporate internal investigations.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully defending government defense contractors in False Claims Act trials against qui tam relators
- Represented numerous health care entities in False Claims Act cases based on alleged Stark Act and Anti-Kickback Statute violations
- Successful defense of bank trustees for breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Counseling DME, pharmaceutical start-ups and food producers on applicable Medicare, FDA and USDA regulations
- Defending financial institutions in lender liability actions
- Represented numerous corporations and their employees in Department of Justice and HHS-OIG investigations and grand jury proceedings
- Successfully defending a company in a six-week, multimillion dollar federal environmental criminal trial
- Obtained numerous non-intervention decisions by the Department of Justice for federal contractors in False Claims Act qui tam cases
- Successfully represented client in a unanimous United States Supreme Court decision, Allison Engine Co., Inc. v. United States ex rel. Sanders, narrowing the scope of liability under the federal False Claims Act
- Defended financial institutions in nationwide consumer and privacy class actions
Victor is a member of the American Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Victor has spoken on numerous occasions on the False Claims Act, internal investigations, health care law and whistleblower lawsuits to health care and government contractor industry groups and trade associations, including the Ohio Hospital Association.
Victor received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.S.F.S. from Georgetown University School of Foreign Service.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Bar Admissions Committee, Chair, 2006-2007
- Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Legal Compliance Committee, Chair, 2004-2012
- Children's International Summer Village, 2009-2016
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Cincinnati Litigation - Banking and Finance "Lawyer of the Year," 2015, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2010-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2015-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2015-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2005-2006, 2009-2019
- Leading Lawyer in Business Litigation, Cincy Magazine, 2008-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 4/18/2019Whistleblower Defense Alert: District Court Finds Bank Cannot Face FCA Liability Without Evidence of Explicit Claims to Fannie Mae and Freddie MacLast month, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois confronted a bank’s potential liability for false information obtained (and even allegedly encouraged) by bank employees in the processing of consumer loans.