- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1986, cum laude
- University of Michigan Business School, B.B.A., 1983, with High Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
David is a partner and a member of the litigation group. He has 25 years of experience in financial litigation, concentrating on trials and arbitrations involving accounting issues, shareholder rights, corporate governance, disputes among shareholders, securities fraud and civil RICO. His focus includes representing corporations and senior officers in SEC investigations, as well as assisting broker/dealers in NASD/FINRA compliance actions.
David has given presentations on joint and several liability in securities litigation, minimizing the risk of professional liability claims, and the work product doctrine for corporate counsel.
David is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Justinian Forum.
David received his J.D. cum laude from Case Western Reserve University Law School and his B.B.A. with high distinction from the University of Michigan Business School.
Professional and Community Activities
- Eighth District Judicial Conference, Life Member
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2010-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Securities, 2012-2018, 2020
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2007-2019
- Inside Business, Northeastern Ohio's Leading Lawyers, 2008-2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation since 2011
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.