- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Denison University, B.A., 1993, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Jill is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. She focuses her practice in commercial real estate with an emphasis on zoning, land use regulation and developer representation.
Her notable experience includes:
- Assisting in the annexation, zoning and entitlement of several large mixed-use developments, including several master associations and golf course resort communities
- Assisting in the negotiation and preparation of documentation for real estate purchase and sales contracts and commercial leases, as well as the preparation and organization of condominium, homeowners and master associations
Jill is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in business, commercial and industrial real property law.
Jill has presented seminars on planned unit developments, land use, subdivision of land, variances and conditional uses.
Jill received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and her B.A. from Denison University cum laude where she received the Presidential Medal, the highest honor for exemplary leadership and community service.
Before joining Vorys, Jill worked at the law firms of Plank & Brahm (2005-2006), Lucas, Prendergast, Albright, Gibson & Newman (1998-2004), and Ricketts & Onda Co., L.P.A. (1996-1998).
Professional and Community Activities
- The Childhood League Center, Board of Directors 2018
- Ohio State University Center for Real Estate, Advisory Board 2018
- LeaderSpark, Inc., Board of Directors, 2000-present
- Franklin County Residential Services, Inc., Board of Trustees, 1999-present
- Junior League of Columbus, Board of Directors, 2000-2005
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2001
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Land Use and Zoning Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2015
- Business First, 40 Under 40, 2000
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2007-2020
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Land Use/Zoning, 2006-2007, 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2007-2020
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.