- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
Case Western Reserve Law Review, Senior Editor, 2009-2010
- Denison University, B.A., 2007, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Lindsay is an associate in the Vorys Cleveland office, a member of the tax group and a member of the firm’s national real property taxation group. Lindsay’s practice is focused on real property tax valuation disputes and appeals, and she assists clients in managing and contesting real property tax assessments across the country. She has reviewed, evaluated and contested assessments in more than 10 states. In Ohio, Lindsay has experience before several Boards of Revision and the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals. The Vorys real property tax team supports clients ranging from single-state engagements to nationwide portfolio management involving hundreds of locations.
Notable experience includes:
- Managing a portfolio of more than 450 properties across the country, and reviewing, evaluating, property tax assessments in over 16 states;
- Serving as second chair in a tax exemption matter for a university before the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals; and
- Providing advice regarding real property tax issues for real estate acquisitions, including assisting a publicly traded company with real property tax issues related to its global headquarters project in downtown Cleveland.
Prior to joining the tax group, Lindsay was a member of the firm’s litigation group and has significant commercial litigation experience, including disputes involving commercial contracts, trust and estates litigation, lender liability and environmental nuisance claims. In addition to drafting motions, managing discovery, and preparing witnesses in state and federal courts in Ohio, Lindsay's experience includes alternative dispute resolution and mediation.
Lindsay received her J.D. cum laude from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. cum laude from Denison University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Front Steps Housing and Services, Board Member, 2016-Present; Associates Board Member, 2013-2016
- Cleveland Office representative, Vorys Women’s Network Council
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Tax Law, 2021
- 5/16/2016Financial Services Alert: Narrow Win For Spokeo at The U.S. Supreme Court: Plaintiffs Must Demonstrate Concrete Harm Even For Statutory ViolationsIn a highly-anticipated opinion, this morning the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins.
- 5/6/2016Financial Services Alert: CFPB Invites Comment on Newly Proposed Regulations Banning Class Action WaiversThe Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) yesterday released a widely anticipated proposed rule that would: (1) prohibit class action waivers in pre-dispute arbitration agreements, and (2) require a provider to submit records from individual arbitrations to the CFPB.