- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1998, magna cum laude
University of Illinois Law Review, Associate Administrative Editor, 1997-1998
- Purdue University, B.S.C.E., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
Ted is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. Ted practices in general real estate development, and has specific experience in construction and design contracts, condominium law, real estate acquisition and sales, real estate covenants and restrictions, leasing, liens, evictions and real estate secured finance. He also works closely with the firm’s economic development incentives attorneys to structure and implement the real estate transaction elements of incentives projects.
Ted is a member of the Columbus Bar Association, American Bar Association, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, International Council of Shopping Centers, Urban Land Institute, and an associate member of the Building Industry Association of Central Ohio. He is also a Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation.
Ted is also a licensed title agent, affiliated with Chicago Title Insurance Company.
Ted received his J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law where he served as a member and associate administrative editor of the University of Illinois Law Review. He received his B.S. from Purdue University where he was a member of Chi Epsilon, Civil Engineering honorary, and of Sigma Chi Fraternity.
Professional and Community Activities
- Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America, Planning Committee - Clay Target Classic fundraiser, 2016-2018
- Board of CATCO, Member, 2013-2015
- Member of the Planning Committee, International Council of Shopping Centers National Law Conference, 2018
- Co-presenter at the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 International Council of Shopping Centers National Law Conference
- Member of the Planning Committee, International Council of Shopping Centers, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania Retail Development & Law Symposium, 2010-2018; co-chair, 2014 and 2015; Emeritus Status, 2018
- Co-presenter at the 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 and 2018 International Council of Shopping Centers, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania Retail Development & Law Symposiums
- Dublin City Schools Business Advisory Council, 2008-2013
- Ohio State Bar Association Real Property Section, member of Board of Governors and News Letter Editor, 2003-2007
- Indian Run United Methodist Church, Dublin, Ohio, Board of Trustees, 2002-2004; President, 2003
- The Country Club at Muirfield Village, Board of Directors, 2008-2014; Chair, 2014
- NAIOP, Central Ohio Chapter, Chair of Golf Fundraiser Planning Committee, 2013 and 2014
- Urban Land Institute (Columbus), Member of Regional Product Council, 2017-2019
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2013-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2013-2019
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Real Estate, 2005-2018
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2006 and 2007
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.