- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1984
- College of Wooster, B.A., 1980, Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Andy is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group, which he chaired for eleven years. His practice focuses on all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment litigation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour class actions. Andy has represented employers in federal and state court proceedings across the country; in administrative matters before a variety of federal and state administrative agencies; and in traditional labor relations issues. His clients include national retailers, home builders, financial institutions, and international container manufacturers.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully defending an international distributor and manufacturer of clothing in a pregnancy and national origin discrimination claim in a federal district court trial in New York, New York
- Successfully defending a national retailer in a disability discrimination trial in Wilmington, Delaware
- Successfully defending a national industrial container manufacturer in a sex and race discrimination trial in Mobile, Alabama
- Successfully defending an automobile parts manufacturer in the first sexual harassment case to be tried to a jury in a federal court action following the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark decisions in Ellerth v. Burlington Industries and Farragher v. City of Boca Raton
- Representing retailers, manufacturers, national home builders and restaurants to successful resolution of class and collective action wage and hour claims under Federal and state law
- Helping to successfully negotiate collective bargaining agreements for a variety of businesses, including a national galvanizing manufacturer, a national retailer, and an international industrial container corporation
Andy is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Andy frequently lectures on all aspects of employment law, including sexual harassment, wage and hour laws, wrongful termination, conducting successful employment investigations and updates on national labor relations issues.
Andy received his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his B.A. from the College of Wooster, summa cum laude, where he was a Phi Beta Kappa.
Professional and Community Activities
- Past President, Board of Directors, Athletic Club of Columbus
- Action for Children, former Board Member
- Prevent Blindness, Ohio, former Board Member
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year," 2016, 2018, 2021
- Client Service All-Star, BTI, 2014
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Labor & Employment, 2013-2014, 2018-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor Law - Management, 2012-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, 2012-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law, 2008-2011
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2009, 2012-2019
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2021
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.