- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1990, with Honors, Order of the Coif
- The Ohio State University, B.S.C.E., 1979
Bar & Court Admissions
Mike is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice encompasses a broad range of real estate matters, including acquisitions, sales, tax free exchanges, development, owners' associations, and commercial leasing. His practice has a particular emphasis on large-scale real estate developments and build-to-suit and retail leasing.
Career highlights include:
- Being integrally involved with large commercial developments from land acquisition to construction and disposition
- Serving as national leasing counsel for a number of national retailers
- Serving as leasing counsel on numerous large build-to-suit projects nationwide
Mike is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Mike is a registered professional engineer in the state of Illinois (Inactive).
Mike received his J.D. with honors from The University of Texas School of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his B.S.C.E. from The Ohio State University.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2012-2019
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2014, 2016-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.