- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1992
Northwestern University Journal of International Law and Business, Articles Editor, 1991-1992
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1989, summa cum laude, with Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
Scott is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and is co-chair of the firm's Strategic Operations and Planning Committee. He practices in the area of federal taxation, including tax planning, municipal finance, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, real estate, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, venture capital transactions, litigation settlements, fringe benefits, charitable contributions, and cross-border and international transactions. He also has extensive experience working with governmental and quasi-governmental entities as general counsel, and regularly counsels clients with respect to the regulatory aspects of the operation, purchase and sale of corporate aircraft.
Scott received his bachelor’s degree summa cum laude with distinction from The Ohio State University. In addition to being a Phi Beta Kappa, Scott was a three-year letterman on the Ohio State football team. He went on to receive his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law where he was the articles editor of the Northwestern University Journal of International Law and Business.
Scott is a member of the Columbus Bar Association.
Scott has lectured on the topics of mergers, acquisitions, divestures, employee fringe benefits, taxation of litigation settlements, and wage and payroll reporting.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Ohio State University, Department of English Alumni Advisory Committee, 2007-2015
- Mental Health of America of Franklin County, 2004-2010; President, 2008-2009
- Friendship Village of Columbus, Secretary, 2000-present
- The Unverferth House Board of Trustees, 1998-2006
- Phoenix Theatre Circle, Board of Trustees, 2007-2011; Vice President, 2009
- New Life Community Outreach, Board of Trustees, 2011-2013
- Netcare Access, Board of Directors, 2013-present; Vice President, 2018-present
- Melissa's House, Board of Directors, 2017-present
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tax Law, 2015-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Tax, 2005-2006
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 2005
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.