- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1984
Vanderbilt University Law Review, associate editor, 1984
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1980, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The Honorable J. Craig Wright, the Supreme Court of Ohio, 1985
Drew is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He is the firm-wide chair of Vorys’ bankruptcy and restructuring practice. Drew focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, restructuring and workouts, commercial finance, commercial transactions and business law, with a strong emphasis on the representation of banks and other financial institutions. He has considerable experience and expertise in complex bankruptcy cases, reorganizations and restructurings, creditors’ rights, commercial lending, asset-based lending, secured transactions, the Uniform Commercial Code, collections, foreclosures, and liquidations.
Career highlights include:
- Representing lending institutions, landlords, creditors’ committees and other creditors in a number of major bankruptcy cases for a variety of corporations, including those in the energy, manufacturing, retail, health care, high tech, automotive, and food industries
- Representing national, regional, local and community banks in a wide variety of commercial and industrial and real estate restructurings and workouts and lending transactions
Drew is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and the Turnaround Management Association.
Drew has spoken to the Cleveland Bar Association, the William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute, the Ohio State Bar Association CLE Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, the Risk Management Association, and other legal and professional groups on a variety of topics including bankruptcy law, commercial transactions and alternatives to bankruptcy.
Drew received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was the associate editor of the Vanderbilt University Law Review. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Drew clerked for the Honorable J. Craig Wright of the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cleveland Zoological Society, Board of Trustees, 2000-2009
- Bay Rockets Association, Board of Trustees, 2006-2008
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2002-2005; Executive Committee, 2004-2005
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2008-2018; Treasurer and Executive Committee, 2013-2016; Vice President and President-Elect, 2015-2016; President, 2016-2017
- Contemporary Youth Orchestra, Board of Trustees, 2002-2004
- Bay Soccer Club, Board of Trustees, 2000-2003
- Turnaround Management Association, Board of Trustees, 1994-1996
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Board of Trustees, 1993-1996
- State of Ohio Board of Bar Examiners, 1992-1994
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Cleveland Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2006-2019
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2004-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor, 2004-2019
- Cleveland Magazine, Cleveland's Top Rated Lawyers, 2012-2019
- Inside Business, Northeastern Ohio's Leading Lawyers, 2001-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 8/15/2018Nine lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently named 2019 Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.