- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1993, with High Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans' Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Mark is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and chair of the firm's labor and employment group. He represents primarily employers and assists them in litigation matters, focusing on complex employment litigation such as wage and hour class actions and collective actions. He is involved in the preparation of employment-related documents, including employment policies and contracts. Mark also participates in employment-related arbitrations, as well as employer counseling, training and non-compete matters.
Career highlights include:
Acting as lead trial counsel in more than 60 putative class actions or collective actions
- Litigating matters in more than 30 states and in seven U.S. Circuit Courts
- Obtaining reversal of pro-plaintiff verdicts in multiple appeals
- Serving as lead counsel in multiple trials in federal court
- Obtaining summary judgment and favorable verdicts in a variety of wage and hour and discrimination claims in courts across the country
Mark has spoken on a variety of employment-related topics, including sexual harassment, wage and hour, discrimination, investigations, documentation procedures and other employment matters.
Mark received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and his B.A. with high distinction from the University of Virginia.
Professional and Community Activities
- Participating Lawyer, Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, 2002-present
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2015-2016
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Labor & Employment, 2010-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2011-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Employment and Labor, 2005-2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, 2012-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor & Employment, 2012-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law, 2008-2011
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.