- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1983, magna cum laude
Georgetown Law Journal, Editor, 1983
- Amherst College, B.A., 1979, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Andy is a retired partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the labor and employment group. He represents employers in state and federal court employment litigation and in agency proceedings. He also counsels employers on issues pertaining to the ADA, the FMLA, employment discrimination, reductions-in-force, terminations, severance agreements and other aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
Andy also represents self-insured and state-funded employers in workers' compensation matters before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and the trial and appellate courts of Ohio. His work in the area of workers' compensation also includes defense of safety violation claims and intentional tort claims.
Career highlights include:
- 35 years of litigation experience in state and federal court and before administrative agencies
- 32 years of experience representing employers before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and in the courts on a broad range of workers' compensation issues
Andy is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Andy has given presentations on multiple employment-related topics and on workers' compensation issues including claims management and defense, violations of specific safety requirements, and intentional torts. He has also spoken to numerous audiences on the employment implications of medical marijuana.
Andy received his J.D. magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was an editor of the Georgetown Law Journal. He received his B.A. from Amherst College, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Cincinnati Workers Compensation Law - Employers "Lawyer of the Year," 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, 2013-2020
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, Employment and Labor, November 2010
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2008-2009, 2019-2020
- Volunteer Lawyer of the Year Award, Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation, 2006
- Outstanding Service Award for Pro Bono Service, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1996
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.