- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1994, Order of the Coif
University of Cincinnati Law Review, Articles Editor, 1993-1994
- Miami University, B.S., 1991, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
Hani joined the Cincinnati office of Vorys in 1994 and became partner in 2002. Hani is currently chair of the firm’s finance, energy and real estate group and is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. Hani has extensive experience representing regional and national banks, finance companies, BDCs and SBICs in structuring and documenting loan transactions, with an emphasis in bilateral and syndicated middle market, asset based and leveraged loan transactions, as well as workouts and restructurings arising therefrom. Hani consistently is cited by Chambers and Partners and The Best Lawyers in America as a leading attorney in banking and finance law and was named Cincinnati Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year” in 2018 by The Best Lawyers in America. Hani also represents several manufacturing and service businesses on a variety of matters as "outside general counsel."
Hani is a frequent speaker on general lending topics and the Uniform Commercial Code.
Hani received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and a lead articles editor on the University of Cincinnati Law Review. Hani received his B.S. in finance cum laude from Miami University.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Cincinnati Banking and Finance "Lawyer of the Year," 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2007-2019
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance, 2005-2018
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Banking, 2005-2007
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.