- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, Business Editor, 2009-2010
- The Ohio State University, B.S.B.A., 2002, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Chris is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. His practice focuses on complex business, commercial, real property and contract litigation. He has significant experience in counseling large commercial clients related to potential litigation, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, statutory and regulatory changes and general best business practices.
Chris also counsels clients on preparing for and responding to data breaches. In this area, his experience includes preparing customized incident response plans and advising on cybersecurity issues related to or arising from compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) to directing breach investigations and defending against class action litigation and regulatory inquiries related to data breaches. Chris has given presentations on a variety of topics related to privacy and data security to professional and industry associations.
Notable experience includes:
- Advising and defending financial institutions, retail, grocery and energy companies with respect to data breaches
- Conducting customized data breach workshops and exercises
Chris is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and currently serves as co-chair of the Columbus Chapter of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Chris served as a legislative aide to Sen. Jeff Jacobson, president pro tempore of the Ohio Senate, for five years. He also externed for the Honorable Maureen O'Connor, Supreme Court of Ohio.
Chris received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. He received his B.S.B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
- 5/16/2016Financial Services Alert: Narrow Win For Spokeo at The U.S. Supreme Court: Plaintiffs Must Demonstrate Concrete Harm Even For Statutory ViolationsIn a highly-anticipated opinion, this morning the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins.
- 3/4/2016Client Alert: Another Federal Regulator Steps Up Data Security Enforcement: CFPB Fines Online Payment Processor Dwolla for Lax Data SecurityOn March 2nd, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced a $100,000 penalty and settlement with online payment processor Dwolla, Inc. (Dwolla) for weak data security practices.