- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1981
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1978
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Dave is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the tax group. His practice includes estate planning for wealthy individuals and families, including wills and trusts, charitable planning, planning for insurance and wealth transfers, qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), installment sales to defective trusts, family limited partnerships, and planning for family vacation properties. Dave’s practice also includes planning for closely held entities, including limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations. His practice further includes representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in connection with estates and trusts.
Dave is a member of the American Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association and the Cincinnati Estate Planning Council. In addition, Dave participates in – and Vorys is an advisor member of – the Family Office Exchange, an authority on matters related to legacy wealth management.
Dave has been a frequent speaker on topics such as family limited partnerships and irrevocable insurance trusts.
Dave received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and his B.A. from the University of Michigan.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Committee, Chairman, 2000-2001
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Advanced Estate Planning Institute Committee, Chairman, 1998
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2008-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.