- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1998, magna cum laude
University of Akron Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1997–1998University of Akron Tax Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1997-1998
- Wittenberg University, B.A., 1994
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Vic is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the probate and tax group. He practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, litigation involving estates and trusts, and representation of tax-exempt organizations.
Career highlights include:
- Extensive experience formulating and implementing estate plans designed to minimize estate taxes and most efficiently manage family wealth
- Counseling business owners, executives, physicians, professionals, and their families in designing comprehensive estate and business succession plans
- Serving as counsel to fiduciaries for a large number of estates, trusts, and guardianships
- Representing both beneficiaries and individual and corporate fiduciaries in a wide variety of litigation involving estates and trusts
- Organizing numerous nonprofit corporations and qualifying them for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service
- Regularly counseling tax exempt organizations, including hospitals and hospital systems, private foundations, colleges, universities, community/charter schools, trade associations and social welfare organizations, regarding structuring mergers and reorganizations, qualification for tax exemption, joint ventures of nonprofit and for profit entities, nonprofit governance issues, compliance with private foundation rules, unrelated business income planning, fundraising programs, charitable solicitations, charitable sales promotions, for profit subsidiary planning, public charity qualification and use of supporting organizations
Vic received his J.D. magna cum laude from The University of Akron School of Law where he was the editor-in-chief of the University of Akron Law Review and the University of Akron Tax Journal. He received his B.A. from Wittenberg University in 1994.
Professional and Community Activities
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- The Columbus Foundation, Professional Council
- Worthington Estate Planning Council
- Leadership Columbus, 2010 Graduate
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2015-2016
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Estate Planning and Probate, 2005-2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trust and Estates, 2018-2022
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.