- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 1987, Moot Court Board
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1984
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Tony is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and serves as chair of the firm's tax and probate group. He advises clients regarding all aspects of state and local taxation, including compliance issues, planning opportunities, audit preparation and defense, negotiated settlements with tax authorities, and litigation. Within the field of state and local tax, he focuses on sales and use taxes, motor fuel excise tax, real and personal property tax, commercial activity tax and taxes that apply to the oil and gas industry. He is also a registered lobbyist and regularly assists clients in achieving results through legislative or administrative efforts.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as Past Chairman of the Ohio State Bar Association Taxation Committee
- Serving as Past Chairman of the Columbus Bar Association State Tax Committee
- Appointed by the Speaker of the House to the Committee To Study Motor Fuel Tax Funding of Highways
- Served as Member of the Board for Ohio Public Expenditure Council
- Served as lead counsel on numerous cases at the Ohio Supreme Court and Ohio Board of Tax Appeals
Tony is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Tony has presented a wide variety of state and local tax topics to the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Ohio State Bar Association, the American Petroleum Institute, the Ohio Manufacturers Association, the Ohio Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association, the Ohio Oil and Gas Association, COST, the Institute for Professionals in Taxation and the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.
Tony received his J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Board and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
- Spring 2016Sales tax on goods and services purchased by your business is always an element of cost that must be considered. This has become especially important to the Ohio banking industry.