- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Rochester College of Arts and Science, dual B.A. degrees, cum laude 1990
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Jen is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. Her practice focuses on employee benefits and executive compensation plans. As former Managing Corporate Counsel for a large, publicly traded employer, Jen has extensive experience in the design, implementation and administration of retirement plans, deferred compensation, health and welfare plans, insurance benefits, short- and long-term cash and equity-based incentive plans, and early retirement programs; public company disclosure obligations and merger and acquisition activity.
Career highlights include:
- Regularly advising clients on voluntary corrections for qualified and non-qualified retirement plans; Jen’s correction applications are often approved without any questions from the IRS or DOL reviewers
- Regularly advising clients of all sizes, including publicly traded, private and non-profit companies, regarding their executive compensation structures, advising through design, drafting, implementation, ongoing administration and termination
- Assisting clients to defend against proposed assessments of taxes under the Affordable Care Act (Code Section 4980H)
- Managing contract negotiation, due diligence disclosure, integration and separation issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions as both an acquirer and a target
- Assisting clients with IRS and DOL audits of retirement plans and health plans
Jen is actively involved with the American Bar Association. She is a frequent speaker on benefits issues including executive compensation, IRS and DOL audits, qualified retirement plans and health insurance.
Jen received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. She received her B.A. in Political Science and her B.A. in Economics cum laude from the University of Rochester College of Arts and Science.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, 2011-2019
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.
- 1/4/2016Vorys announced that Blake Beachler, Jennifer Dunsizer, Angela Gibson, Rick Grady, Jonathan Ishee, Paul Kerlin, Natalia Steele and Elizabeth Weinewuth have been named partners of the firm.
- 8/11/2014Vorys recently advised Insight Bank on its sale to First Financial Bancorp, the parent holding company of First Financial Bank, National Association.
- Spring 2015As 2015 gets under way, bank compensation committees are tasked with setting the bank’s executive compensation strategy for the year and effectively communicating that compensation structure to shareholders. Compensation committees need to strike a balance between a compensation program that attracts and retains employees and encourages those employees to take appropriate business risks while advancing the bank’s growth strategies and discouraging inappropriate risks.