- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2006, summa cum laude
- Cleveland State Law Review, managing editor, 2005-2006; Outstanding Note Award, 2005
- Cleveland State University, B.A., 2003, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Arthur I. Harris, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2006-2008
Kari is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. Her practice primarily focuses on the representation of financial institutions, debtors, and committees in bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings and in commercial transactions and litigation including collections, creditors rights, receiverships, foreclosures, reorganizations, restructurings and workouts. Kari served as a Chapter 7 Panel Bankruptcy Trustee for the Northern District of Ohio since 2017.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully obtained a multimillion dollar judgment on behalf of the Chapter 7 Trustee of AmeriSciences, L.P. in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Kari is a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Kari received her J.D. summa cum laude from the Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where she was the managing editor of the Cleveland State Law Review. She received her B.A. cum laude from Cleveland State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Northern District of Ohio, Chapter 7 Panel Bankruptcy Trustee 2017-Present
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2018-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2019-2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy, 2019-2022
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.