- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Virginia, B.S., 1980, with Distinction in Accounting, Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi
Bar & Court Admissions
Tony is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment practice group specializing in ERISA and employee benefit matters. His experience in the employee benefits area includes assisting clients in the design, implementation and interpretation of their employee benefit plans and programs, specifically in the areas of executive compensation, health and welfare benefits and qualified retirement plans.
Career highlights include:
- Regularly represents Fortune 500 companies in employee benefits and executive compensation
- Works extensively with compensation committees of public companies regarding compliance with applicable federal tax, labor and securities laws
- Practice leader of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation group
Tony is a member of the Ohio Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association
Tony has spoken on numerous topics in the employee benefits area, including the 2010 health care reform legislation, executive compensation, Internal Revenue Code Section 409A, qualified retirement plans and the applicable Internal Revenue Service Nondiscrimination Rules, continuation of group health coverage under the Consolidation Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and ERISA fiduciary issues
Tony received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law and his B.S. with distinction in accounting from the University of Virginia where he was a member of the honorary societies Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2015, 2017-2018
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, 2006-2019
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1998
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 5/4/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 32 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA.