- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1983
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Robin is a retired partner in the Vorys Pittsburgh office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. She has more than 30 years of experience in banking and commercial finance matters. Robin represents financial institutions and borrowers in a wide range of multi-lender and single lender secured and unsecured financing transactions including asset-based lending facilities, real estate secured transactions, acquisition financings, bond transactions, letter of credit facilities, and multi-level financings as well as derivative transactions under the ISDA Master Agreement and related documentation. Robin also provides advice to financial institutions on various treasury management products and deposit operations. Her experience includes drafting policies and procedures for various commercial banking products and services. She has conducted training for relationship managers and credit professionals on a variety of topics including loan documentation and UCC matters.
Prior to joining Vorys, Robin was first vice president and assistant general counsel at First Niagara Bank, N.A. She also served as vice president and attorney at National City Bank/PNC Bank and practiced in the area of commercial finance at a regional law firm.
Her career highlights include:
- Providing advice and support at First Niagara Bank, N.A. to all commercial lines of business including all lending teams, capital markets, treasury management, international services, loan administration and servicing, leasing, credit card, product development and indirect auto lending in addition to managing the commercial legal team.
- Representing financial institutions in the documentation, negotiation, closing and review of commercial loans and pre-bankruptcy workouts involving borrowers in a wide variety of industries ranging in size from $1 million to more than $100 million.
Robin received her J.D. from the Duquesne University School of Law, where she was a member of the Duquesne Law Review. She received her B.S. in Accounting from The Pennsylvania State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Pittsburgh, Member, 2018 - present
- Highmark Caring Place, volunteer
- 11/1/2016Vorys announced that three experienced banking attorneys have joined the firm’s Pittsburgh office. Robin Capozzi and Shane Sclichter joined as partners and David Aldous joined as counsel.
- Spring 2017What is a “High Volatility Commercial Real Estate” Loan, and How Does it Affect Your Ability to Lend?More and more, bankers are becoming familiar with the term “High Volatility Commercial Real Estate,” or HVCRE for short.