- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D., 2012, with high distinction
- Ohio Northern University Law Review, associate editor
- Wittenberg University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Zach is an associate in the Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice focuses on commercial finance matters, representing both lenders and large corporate borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions including syndicated loan facilities, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, structured and mezzanine financings, and other secured and unsecured loan facilities.
Zach also regularly represents financial institutions and commercial end-users in connection with over-the-counter derivative transactions under the ISDA Master Agreement, including the drafting and negotiation of related Schedules and Annexes, and various regulatory matters in connection with derivative transactions. He also has experience assisting clients in preparing franchise disclosure documents and in obtaining state franchise registrations.
Zach received his J.D. with high distinction from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, where he was an associate editor for the Ohio Northern University Law Review and a member of the Willis Society. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Wittenberg University.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2022
- 11/17/2015Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency, issued much-anticipated joint final rules that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator.