- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in taxation, 2010, with distinction; J.D., 2008
- Tulane University, B.A., 2003, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Kelly is a partner in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. Her practice is focused on real estate and tax matters.
Kelly represents clients from all perspectives of the acquisition, financing, ownership, development and sale of office buildings, apartment projects, mixed-use and other commercial properties. In particular, she has experience representing both institutional and developer clients in connection with structuring and negotiating real estate joint ventures with an emphasis on the tax planning aspects of such transactions.
In addition, Kelly has extensive experience advising developers, syndicators and investors on low-income housing, historic, new market and energy tax credits matters, including legislative and regulatory developments, originations, secondary market acquisitions and dispositions, end of compliance period planning and workouts.
In 2013, Kelly was named one of Real Estate Bisnow’s (D.C.) 35 Under 35: Rising Stars in Commercial Real Estate.
Kelly received her LL.M. with distinction in taxation and her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. She received her B.A. cum laude from Tulane University.
Prior to joining Vorys, Kelly was an attorney with Goulston & Storrs P.C. and Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP.
Professional and Community Activities
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association Leaders in Development, Founder and Chairperson, 2010-2014
- Heritage Ohio, Board of Directors, 2016-2018
Honors & Awards
- Real Estate Bisnow (D.C.), 35 Under 35: Rising Stars in Commercial Real Estate, 2013
- Fall 2016The banking industry has received long sought-after clarification as to whether Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) credit is available for Historic Tax Credit (HTC) financed projects.