- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude
- Yale University, B.A., 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- Various Federal Courts
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Harry T. Edwards, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2004-2005
Raj is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the litigation group. He has experience in a wide range of complex business matters, including in the areas of securities fraud, antitrust, trademark infringement, technology standardization, commercial contract disputes, business torts, sales law, shareholder derivative actions, patent infringement, and claims under the bankruptcy code.
As part of the Vorys eControl team, Raj counsels businesses on strategies for protecting their brand and reputation online, combating illegal online sales, and developing legal claims against unauthorized online sellers. He leads enforcement and litigation efforts against sellers who sell illegally, including through trademark, Lanham Act, and related claims.
Recent Representative Experience:
- Representing a Fortune 500 financial institution in defense of securities litigation arising out of its underwriting of mortgage-backed securities
- Representing a “Big Four” public accounting firm in defense of a securities fraud class action alleging accounting fraud at an audit client
- Counseling a large national bank regarding potential liabilities arising from its sale and securitization of mortgage loans and representing it in negotiations with counterparties to settle those liabilities
- Counseling businesses on strategies for combating unauthorized sellers
- Advising a public company’s board of directors regarding its evaluation of acquisition proposals and representing the directors in shareholder litigation relating to their approval of a going-private transaction
- Representing a public specialty chemicals company in an arbitration arising out of its divestiture of a manufacturing division
- Representing controlling shareholders in a captive insurance company in defense of fiduciary-duty litigation brought by minority shareholders
- Representing officers and directors of a Fortune 500 public company in derivative and securities litigation based on allegations of insider trading
- Representing a Fortune 100 conglomerate in achieving dismissal of price discrimination claims under the Robinson-Patman Act
Raj received his J.D. magna cum laude from the New York University School of Law, where he was named a Pomeroy Scholar and was an articles editor of the NYU Law Review. He received his undergraduate degree from Yale University.
Before joining Vorys, Raj practiced for several years as an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Harry T. Edwards at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Before attending law school, Raj served as a Special Assistant to the Cabinet Secretary in the White House.
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP (2005-2009)
Professional and Community Activities
- Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Chair of the Litigation Section (2016-2017)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2020 Fellow
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio
- Yale Alumni Association of Cleveland, Board of Trustees (2012-2018)
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2014-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated